Sunday, June 3, 2012

Green-Orange-and-White Tinfoil Fireside Dinner

So, I loooove tinfoil dinners. I'm rarely at a fire when I have these, so I make them at home in the oven. 

This one I decided to include some new veggies and a new way to do the meat.  My normal Tinfoil dinner is Spicy ground pork Sausage, carrots, potatoes, onions and garlic, S+P. This one I wanted to make somewhat epic veggie wise.  Well... epic until I got home with my groceries and did a Google search and now see people truly have epic down pat... so here is my MUNDANE but delicious new Tinfoil Dinner:
(ok we'll see if it will be delicious)

The MEAT!
1 package Ground Pork
1/4c finely diced onion
1tsp Oregano
1tsp Basil
1/2Tbsp Chili flakes
1Tbsp Wild Turkey Bourbon hot sauce
1 Tbsp Worchestershire sauce
1/2 Tbsp pepper
Salt 
garlic powder
egg
Whiskey
2tbsp flour *if needed to bind
                    Roll into balls and toss in a frying pan with hot olive oil to brown two sides if the mixture seems a bit too moist and goopy.  Yes, goopy! Don't make the mistake I did adding 2 eggs, had to compensate for that with lots of flour.

The Veggies (in bite size pieces):
2 carrots
1 parsnip
1 Portobello mushroom
a bunch of New potatoes
broccoli
cauliflower
1/2-3/4 an onion
S+P and garlic powder
3 cloves of garlic
Lemon juice
Chili flakes

Dash of beer!! A good sized pour, beer and other alcohols are absolute necessities while cooking!  I believe almost every recipe I make involves booze in some fashion. No, not an alcoholic... I just believe in it's health benefits ;-)

Cook in tinfoil for a while (50 mins at 400*)

No comments:

Post a Comment